Saturday, February 1, 2014

January

I have always done better at completing tasks or assignments if I wrote them out and made a list. This is proving to be true with my last post twenty-six.

I checked the following items off of my list:

1. Run. This is something I will continue to work on through the year. I did get fitted for a good pair of running shoes, which has helped my knee pain, making running more enjoyable!

3. Buy a house. We didn't check this one off the list, but we made baby steps! We had our first appraisal on the home we want to purchase. We are waiting to hear back from that now.

5. Explore NC. I was able to spend a day with my mother-in-law, Cindy, and her mother, Grandma Weaver, touring Biltmore Estate. We did an audio tour through the estate and enjoyed lunch at the Stable Cafe.  (I wish I could say I took pictures...I am working on being better at that)

10. Try a new restaurant every month. I blew this one out of the water. I ate at 3 new restaurants this month. We celebrated my sister-in-law, Christina's, birthday at Fourth Street Filling Station. We went for lunch, and it was delicious. Mister Dream Boat took me on a date to Brothers (ok, twice). Both times I got a salad, but he really loved the BBQuban sandwich. Then, it was a first time for me eating at the Stable Cafe while at the Biltmore. I had a bison burger, and it was pretty incredible.

15. Take a trip with my brothers. Ok, this hasn't happened yet. But, we arranged a weekend get away that we will be taking in February.

17. Read a new book every month. I read Nicholas Spark's newest book The Longest Ride. When I finished, I told Kenny, "You know it was a good book when you get a little depressed when it is finished". Any suggestions for February's book?

18. Become a notary public. I didn't do this.. but I signed up for the required class in March. One step closer!

19. Drink more water. I have been trying..really..kinda..sorta..

20. Random acts of kindness. I sent out a few care packages to long distance friends this month. Nothing big.. just a little something that I hope brightened their days.

21. Take more naps. I literally think I took a nap every weekend in January. I wish I could keep that streak up!

22. Quality time with my dream boat. Kenny and I made an effort to have one "date night" each week, just the two of us. Being a grown up sucks sometimes.. the best part about it is being married to him.









No comments:

Post a Comment